We're accepting applications for the 2023 Spring Internship Program. More Info

Delaware.gov logo

If a consumer has complaints about a business, or other service that the Department of State offers we urge you to let us know so that we can solve the problem. On this page you will find a comprehensive list of the all the Department of State divisions that handle complaints. Please take a look at the list and find the appropriate division and then navigate to their particular website for more information. If you cannot find the information or Department of State division you are looking for please contact us directly.

File a Complaint

Banking – The Bank Commissioner’s Office investigates consumer complaints and answers consumers’ questions regarding state chartered financial institutions located in Delaware, as well as other financial services including mortgage and small loan companies, preneed funeral contracts and cashing of checks activities.

Public Accommodation or Housing Discrimination Complaint – The Office of Human Relations investigates, negotiates and settles housing and public accommodation discrimination complaints which are based on race, color, age, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, or persons with disability.

A Complaint against a Professional – The Division of Professional Regulation investigates possible violations by professionals for matters including, but not limited to, unprofessional conduct, fraudulent activity, practicing beyond the scope of their license, and unlicensed activity.

Public Utilities Customer Complaint Form – The Division of the Public Advocate will assist individual utility consumers in resolving disputes with public utility companies (natural gas, electric, water, telecommunications [excluding wireless telecommunication service] or cable television service) in Delaware.

Public Service Commission Consumer Complaint – The Delaware Public Service Commission accepts complaints against investor-owned utilities providing cable television, electric, natural gas, telecommunications, wastewater and water services. With the exception of service territories, the Commission has no jurisdiction over municipal or other governmental service providers.

Related Topics:  , , , , , , , ,